Advanced Search

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2  (Read 1132866 times)

January 10, 2008, 09:59:35 PM
Read 1132866 times

Andrew

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
Team Fortress 2
« on: January 10, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »
Who plays? I want to play with people who aren't necessarily from my timezone!

Steamid for adding: suspchaos

January 10, 2008, 10:39:49 PM
Reply #1

Keith Hemari

• Ring connoisseur

• Excelsior!

• View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:39:49 PM »
I haven't played for a while, but if someone wants to set something up, I am, as always: Keith
--Keith T. Hemari

January 10, 2008, 11:38:01 PM
Reply #2

Josh

• Ring connoisseur

• TGC Warrior

• Bring it on home!

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:38:01 PM »
I'm on the Xbox Live version. Still haven't bothered to seriously get into the game and figure it all out.

January 11, 2008, 06:25:06 PM
Reply #3

Kyoma

• Enjoys a hearty bowl of rings each morning

• Only a genius thinks of the obvious.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:25:06 PM »
I'm on the Xbox Live version. Still haven't bothered to seriously get into the game and figure it all out.

Move the crosshair over people who aren't wearing the same color as you and hit the fire button.
Now the part people usually screw up is that they don't keep the crosshair on people! And thus they don't hit them! Much like Tetris, it is easy to learn but difficult to master!!
With my guide EVERYONE here will soon be a master!

The heavy wields the minigun, that sounds kind of small and useless! He is called the Heavy because he is a heavyweight champ! So just use your fists! Sometimes he will uppercut and send a foe flying! You are big and have lots of HP! This means you should have no trouble sneaking up on foes for that uppercut! Shout Rocky quotes every time you score a kill! YO ADRIAN! EYE OF THE TIGER! YER A BUM! JOIN THE NINTENDO FUN CLUB TODAY! MY STYLE IS IMPETUOUS! MY DEFENSE IS IMPREGNABLE!

Demoman is a difficult character. He is a depressed alcoholic who tries to kill himself at the start of a match while the medics try to stop him. Smash your bottle against a wall and it might shatter! Creating the omnigro knife. (His final weapon with a mysterious name) you can stab foes and deal massive damage with it now.

Scout is capable of double jumping! Using this he can easily reach locations others cannot and pick them off with his pistol. He has a baseball bat he can use to deflect grenades and rockets. He also counts as two people when capturing a control point due to his legally recognized split personality disorder. His super shotgun is like a shotgun except it came from a long destroyed planet. He isn't very good on offense though due to his low health. Scout is best played as the anti-soldier. BAT THOSE ROCKETS BACK AT HIM!

Soldier has a rocket launcher he can aim at his feet to jump higher! Once you are high up you can fire at foes below you with the shotgun! Use rockets from far away so you don't get caught in the explosion. Most maps have perches you can fire rockets from safely with a good view of the map. Sometimes the rockets glow blue, these rockets can propel you even higher!

Pyro has an axe useful for chopping down the engineers devices, and can use his flamethrower to warn allies when he is trouble. You can use the flamethrower to light up dark areas to help friends who are afraid of the dark but watch out not to ignite friends. His shotgun is his best weapon for people who are close since its hard for them to avoid it. Quarter Circle Forward and Fire also enables him to use a fireball.

Sniper excels at mowing down groups of foes with his uzi and slicing up close foes with his machete. He also has a rifle but a glitch causes it to not have a crosshair making it nearly impossible to hit anyone with. He is best played as a mid-range character swapping between his uzi and machete.

Engineer is a powerful character having not only a pistol but also a shotgun! His wrench can be used to repair things as well. He can build sentries that watch out for foes and fire at them but you need to watch them since they sometimes malfunction and explode for no reason. You should stand directly between the turret and any foes so that they don't shoot it and blow it up. you can also build teleporters to swiftly go between you sentries and the spawn rooms for more metal to upgrade your sentry. he can also build a dispenser that gives you more metal and ammunition while you are storming the enemy base. blow it up shortly after so that no enemies find it and know you are there.

Spy is the most advanced character of all. he can disguise himself as other people so that the enemy will think they are dealing with a heavy when they are infact dealing with a spy! He can also turn invisible for about 10 seconds at a time so that he can sneak up on foes and shoot them. he has a knife that sometimes can kill a foe instantly but there doesn't seem to be any way to rely on that. stick to the revolver and turn invisible when people see you. He also has a sapping device but it doesn't seem to do anything when used on people, likely another bug.

A Medic however breaks the rules of the entire game! He must shoot his own allies with his syringes! Use the medigun on allies you think are spies until you have the Ubercharge (Ubercharge is german for Spy Killer) KEEP IT ON THE SPY! He may go on a killing spree now but rest assured this psychotic glow will let all allies know where the spy is!!

Following this advice its pretty difficult to actually lose.

EDIT: Forgot to mention you guys shouldn't spread this advice around too much.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 04:19:08 PM by Kyoma »

January 12, 2008, 10:52:53 AM
Reply #4

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 10:52:53 AM »
Didn't know the batting the rockets and grenades, and thanks for letting me know about Demoman's bottle.
I don't know what your experience is like, but when I use the sniper, the crosshair is exceedingly visible (even leaves a laser dot on the opposite wall).
Also, the spy's sapper is for using on engineer's building (all of them), that's what causes them to malfunction.
The spies knife is instantly lethal if used on the opponents back (backstabber) but normal damage otherwise.
Finally, the scout's shotgun at point blank range is extremely powerful (I think).

EDIT: To take on a completely different topic, what are we doing with The Moogle Cavern Steam group?

January 12, 2008, 02:48:56 PM
Reply #5

Archaemic

• Ring connoisseur

• aɹ·kʰej·mɪk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 02:48:56 PM »
OH HEY.
I have TF2 and would like to maybe play sometime. Although I've never played before. And I was generally pretty bad at CS1.6 when I used to play it sometimes.

(This list is incomplete)

January 12, 2008, 02:53:29 PM
Reply #6

Penopat

• Casual ring snacker

• q?

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 02:53:29 PM »
Those tips were extremely useful! My gameplay has improved 500% thanks to those.

I'd like to play some TF2 also. Does SER have a Steam group or something?

January 12, 2008, 04:22:16 PM
Reply #7

Magi

• Ring connoisseur

• watashi wa kira dess

• it ain't easy bein' cheesy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2008, 04:22:16 PM »
I have TF2 but haven't even tried it yet.  I will sometime eventually though...

Either way my Steam name is metalmagi

January 12, 2008, 04:26:11 PM
Reply #8

Kyoma

• Only a genius thinks of the obvious.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2008, 04:26:11 PM »
You'd have to be retarded to not top the score charts if you follow my guide even vaugely.

January 12, 2008, 08:35:05 PM
Reply #9

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2008, 08:35:05 PM »
I'd like to play some TF2 also. Does SER have a Steam group or something?

We do now: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/soniceatsrings

Last time we just went ahead and created a Steam group for the Moogle Cavern, I've decided to do the same for Sonic Eats Rings. If anyone has any suggestions, comments improvements etc., let me hear them. I'll see about inviting other SERfers though I may forget/not know the username of someone so feel free to join in (any member can invite other people to the group).

EDIT: Oh, posting your username here is helpful if you want to play with others here or get invited to the group, like I said, I don't know the usernames of some of the people here (for example, I found an Archaemic on Steam, but naturally I wasn't sure it was you).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 08:43:30 PM by Sofox »

January 12, 2008, 10:38:20 PM
Reply #10

Archaemic

• Ring connoisseur

• aɹ·kʰej·mɪk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »
Yeah, that was me. I think I broke something when I tried to accept your invite, or whatever the hell you do on Steam.

January 12, 2008, 11:17:46 PM
Reply #11

Penopat

• Casual ring snacker

• q?

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 11:17:46 PM »
Well, that's good to know now. The people I usually play with are starting to fade away, it seems.

And my username is relatively obvious.

January 13, 2008, 01:53:56 AM
Reply #12

Ksuno

• 3 ring meals a day

• :|

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 01:53:56 AM »
Cool, cool. My steam name is ksuno

Should we delete the MC group then? ... can you do that?
Physics makes us all its bitches.

January 13, 2008, 03:09:34 AM
Reply #13

Andrew

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2008, 03:09:34 AM »
Sofox, if you want help with the group with adding people and stuff, I'm happy to help.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:19:10 AM by Andrew »

January 13, 2008, 11:05:30 AM
Reply #14

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008, 11:05:30 AM »
Yeah, that was me. I think I broke something when I tried to accept your invite, or whatever the hell you do on Steam.

I think that was me, I invited you, got paranoid that I'd just invited some stranger to SER, and cancelled the invitation. However, that seems to have broken Steam as I can't friend you again (even from your page) so I'm going to try to invite you from your ID page.

Andrew, thanks for the offer but I'm okay right now. I should let you all know that right now, any group member can invite new people to the group so you you don't need my permission to add new people (though this is mean to represent SER, so just keep that in mind). I want this to be everyone's Steam group and in that vein I've made sure all members can schedule their own events for the group.

Speaking of which, I'm proposing having our first official SER TF2 event this evening for new TF2ers and old, and those in between. Let me know what time works best for you and if it's at too short a notice and too few people hear about it or can come, we can easily reschedule it. Also, we'll need a server to play in (we could just choose a public one, but you know, I'm just tossing it out there). (Come to think of it, we could do things like this for Garry's Mod).

Let me know what you think, time's a ticking.

January 13, 2008, 02:30:31 PM
Reply #15

Ksuno

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
This evening would be good for me. Someone can just start a server or something in TF2 and have a password on it. "Ringeater" or something like that

January 13, 2008, 06:15:55 PM
Reply #16

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »
Okay, I feel I dropped the ball on this one. Just left it too late and wasn't sure I got enough support. Less then 24 hours notice was probably too short notice in the first place.
I'm going to have one set for, say 8pm GMT Friday. If there are ANY objections, concerns problems, etc. let me know, let me know what days/times work best for you, and I'll see what we can do. If there are no further objections by Monday evening, I'll set this definitively down in the Steam calender.

January 14, 2008, 05:46:33 AM
Reply #17

Keith Hemari

• Ring connoisseur

• Excelsior!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 05:46:33 AM »
Works for me.  Gots Friday off, yo.
--Keith T. Hemari

January 14, 2008, 01:29:40 PM
Reply #18

Archaemic

• Ring connoisseur

• aɹ·kʰej·mɪk

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 01:29:40 PM »
I think I can make it. I'll probably forget, though *shrug*

January 14, 2008, 01:55:00 PM
Reply #19

Ksuno

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
I'll be able to, for a while. I have a "gig" that saturday, so won't be able to be up all night

January 14, 2008, 04:36:24 PM
Reply #20

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
    • The Shifti, Home Of The TSA
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
I'm a master of the 360 version, but I'm in if I manage to pirate the PC version, I'd play my fellow 360 owners, but I have to get a new router first.
- This is sure to end in hijinks!
(I'm watching you, I'm always watching you. -)

January 14, 2008, 09:04:08 PM
Reply #21

SpadeRunner|Faker

• Cinos Hedgean

• Not Marc, maybe Faker, also ViR

• View Profile
    • SpadeRunner Illustrations
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2008, 09:04:08 PM »
You wont have much luck pirating the PC version, due to its need to use steam to connect to online servers, but you could give it a try, I know at the very least pirated versions of Lost Planet cant work on the steam servers.

And I'm already on the SERSteam list but I'm playing quite often with Masaki and Marc so feel free to grab me at "Cinos Hedgean" anytime~

January 14, 2008, 09:31:36 PM
Reply #22

Keith Hemari

• Ring connoisseur

• Excelsior!

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »
but I'm in if I manage to pirate the PC version

Yes, please do.  Your sudden disappearance as Combine burst into your home and bludgeon you to death will be most sweet.
--Keith T. Hemari

January 15, 2008, 08:47:20 AM
Reply #23

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 08:47:20 AM »
I've made the Steam event, but could anyone recommend a server, I'd like to have one decided upon at least a day in advance to be certain.

January 15, 2008, 06:26:15 PM
Reply #24

Archaemic

• Ring connoisseur

• aɹ·kʰej·mɪk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 06:26:15 PM »
So, hey. How about that invite again?