Advanced Search

Author Topic: Characters that should be in the next Smash Bros  (Read 58822 times)

March 24, 2008, 01:37:05 AM
Reply #50

Behle

• Enjoys a hearty bowl of rings each morning

• Lovable drunk uncle.

• View Profile
Re: Characters that should be in the next Smash Bros
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 01:37:05 AM »
I think there's only one logical choice for choosing the next Nintendo character to be integrated into the new Super Smash Bros.... And that character is, of course, Tim "The Toolman" Taylor, from the SNES game "Home Improvement".

Ohhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh. His logo would probably be a variation of this house.

Taunts: Tim poses (much like in the above picture) and says one of the following colorful catchphrases:

"ARROOOOOooOOOooOO??!"
That weird grunting thing he always does on the show.
"MORE POWER!!"
"It's Tool Time, bitch."

Standard?: The nailgun. The nails don't shoot straight ahead for some reason; they kinda fly off in different directions. I don't know what that's about. Rumor has it, though, that there's a blowtorch/flamethrower weapon in the SNES game, although I've yet to see it.

Side Standard?: Apparently, the game features some sort of magical chainsaw that shoot magical laser beams. That would rule, but I can't find a picture of it. :( In it's place, there's this hammer thing. It has decent reach and strength, but it's not as good as Dedede's.

Down Attack: The jackhammer. If Tim's in the air and you use this attack, he'll come hurtling down to the ground, jackhammering all in his path.

This thing is for grabbing onto ledges, or grabbing onto other characters to initiate throws (like Scorpion's "GET OVER HERE"  thing).

Are you ready for this? Because it's time for the Tool Man's FINAL SMASH:
Once Tim gets the Smash Ball, he faces the player (you) and shouts, "WHAT TIME IS IT?!" to which the generic audience voice replies, "IT'S TOOL TIME!". Out of nowhere, this crazy ass contraption shows up (imagine a riding lawnmower with deadly saw blades and rocket launchers and a jet engine). Tim jumps on, shouts "MORE POWER!!!" and rides the contraption across the stage, demolishing all in his path. Tim also takes a small amount of damage after using his final smash (Tim's contraptions always backfire).

Tim's Stage: The set of Home Improvement. It would be a small stage, kind of like Green Hill or the Bridge, where you can't go too far on either side. There would be random machinery exploding and haywire power tools throughout.

ASSIST TROPHY: AL BORLAND
Sadly, the only thing I can think of is Al popping out and saying, "I DON'T THINK SO, TIM." (regardless of whether or not Tim is on the stage). Maybe he can render all items worthless for a few seconds? Or maybe he can pull a Nintendogs and cover up the screen with plaid. I don't know.

March 24, 2008, 10:29:45 AM
Reply #51

James

• Should go on a ring diet

• blah

• View Profile
    • My dA site
« Reply #51 on: March 24, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
There is a flamethrower. I used it back in the first stage, long ago when I rented this game.

I still yell out in frustration at the "instruction manual." REAL MEN DON'T NEED INSTRUCTIONS!

Fuck you, Taylor. Seriously.

March 24, 2008, 02:37:42 PM
Reply #52

ila

• Ring connoisseur

• PONYSONA!

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2008, 02:37:42 PM »
Wow. Thats awesome.

March 24, 2008, 10:04:58 PM
Reply #53

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
    • The Shifti, Home Of The TSA
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2008, 10:04:58 PM »
If the following characters aren't playable, then no sale.

Giygas
Glass Joe
Master Chief
Harry Potter
L Block
Tails
Reggie
Masharo Sakurai
Leeroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooy Jenkins
Johnathan Coultan
Slash
Dr. Mario
Vampire Wario
Paper Mario
Paper Sonic
Paper Shadow
Super Shadow
Hyper Shadow
Omega Shenron
Super Busty Rouge
Misty
Gary
Brock
Nintendog
Tom Nook

In all seriousness

Urban Champion
Lil Mac
Jeff
Kumatora
Earthbound Pokey With Heavily Armed Future Pokey as a final smash
Dr. Mario
Mewtwo
Virus Trio
King K. Rool
AC Kid
9-Volt
Roy
Tails
Simon Belmont
and Krystal would make me crap my pants
Espcially if Fox's taunt had moar Barrel Roll, and the N64 voice actors. But I'll let it slide if I can finally play a Pit Vs. Mother Brain fight in a Smash Bros. game.
- This is sure to end in hijinks!
(I'm watching you, I'm always watching you. -)

March 25, 2008, 04:36:25 PM
Reply #54

Behle

• Lovable drunk uncle.

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2008, 04:36:25 PM »
Giygas would be hardcore. No one would even be able to comprehend his (her?) attacks. Not to mention not having a physical body.

March 25, 2008, 05:36:57 PM
Reply #55

Sparkle Tits

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• king of this

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2008, 05:36:57 PM »
Giygas would be a stage, if anything.

a badass stage
(I guess an AT would work too?)

March 25, 2008, 05:44:08 PM
Reply #56

Behle

• Lovable drunk uncle.

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2008, 05:44:08 PM »
That's actually really cool. The Giygas Stage theme would be something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf6QPlo1OSY

EDIT: Honestly, I'd be cool with a theme like this, too: http://youtube.com/watch?v=-TRpVvvsazc&feature=related
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 06:01:42 PM by Behle »

March 26, 2008, 06:43:58 PM
Reply #57

Silvercanth

• Your friendly neighborhood crazy man

• Spoon bend Ω!

• View Profile
    • Project Z: Neo_Earth
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2008, 06:43:58 PM »
I second Tim the Tool Man Taylor.

April 05, 2008, 11:53:47 PM
Reply #58

▲ndrusi

• Ring connoisseur

• Lalaist Precurian

• Precure... In... SPACE!

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2008, 11:53:47 PM »
I already posted my ridiculously in-depth Mega Man description, but what if Capcom wants to go with a more recent version?

MegaMan.exe
Symbol should be obvious--MegaMan's little circle-icon.  Victory theme has several options; I'd go with the "liberation mission completed" fanfare from BN5.
Taunt 1: "Get item" pose.
Taunt 2: Pop up a little NaviCust window.
Taunt 3: (don't know yet)
Probably have special taunts available on his stage, like Snake and Fox.
A moves would be mostly punches, kicks, etc., with some battle chip attacks mixed in (the swords, for instance) for the stronger ones.
B: Mega Buster.
Up+B: Area Grab.  Three red panels appear above MegaMan. The bottom panel flashes.  If unoccupied, it turns blue and MegaMan quickly moves up onto it, and the process immediately repeats with the next panel; if there's someone "on" that panel, that person takes damage and the move ends.  So it's good for recovery or for attacking, but not for both at once.
Forward+B: Mini Bomb.  Really shouldn't be hard to figure out.
Down+B: Shockwave (a.k.a. "that thing Mettaurs do where they swing a pickaxe").  Only produces a shockwave if you hit the ground, though the pickaxe itself does some damage too.
Final Smash: I've actually got two different ideas in mind:
Dark MegaMan: MegaMan turns black, invincible, and considerably stronger, and gains the ability to teleport around the field.  There are two drawbacks: you lose control entirely while the Final Smash is in effect, and for a while afterward your percentage steadily increases (similar to the flower effect).  So, pretty much just like in the games.
Style Change: MegaMan starts glowing and picks up the attributes of the four BN2/3 styles (Guts's big hand on one arm, Shield's shield on the other, Team's helmet ridges, Custom's huge backpack antennae) and gets stat increases equivalent to Wario's final smash.
Both of these are kind of lame, but none of the other thoughts I had really work at all.

April 06, 2008, 03:16:42 AM
Reply #59

brainduster

• IGNORE ME

• demonstrably the worst

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2008, 03:16:42 AM »
An actually accurate Ness and/or Lucas, for once.  Seriously folks, no more Paula dressed like Ness.

Jeff, Pokey or Poo or somebody from the Mother series who isn't psychic for once.  Jeff could play like Snake, but bespectacledly.

A Giygas/Giegue assist trophy/stage would be this good:
so good.

If it could happen, a FFVI character of any sort would be nigh-metal.  Kefka or Gogo would be: victorious.  Speaking of Square, a nonMario/Peach/Bowser character from Super Mario RPG would also be quite rockin'.

I would fully endorse a playable Kamek, as well as a fleshed-out Dr. Wright.

We're not going to see the next Smash Bros. game until the next Nintendo console, which will hopefully wait a while on coming out, funfortunate as it may seem.

April 15, 2008, 06:31:38 PM
Reply #60

Behle

• Lovable drunk uncle.

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2008, 06:31:38 PM »
Gogo? I'd think he'd be an assist trophy or something. Like, he just stands there, and if someone hits him with something, he imitates it and hits them with the same attack. If he was a playable character, would he just randomly use other characters attacks?

Kefka couldn't be in the game, because he would just annihilate everything and make the game unfair. Although his Final Smash would be ridiculously cool... Transforming into [spoiler][/spoiler] and Light of Judgement-ing the asses of everyone on the stage? Fuck yes.

August 11, 2008, 11:18:32 PM
Reply #61

Piers

• Ring connoisseur

• You've little time left.

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »
I often thought of Giygas being a good real nemesis in Subspace Emissary. That said, the twist would of been Giygas being the subspace itself. (Thus the bombs to spread Giygas's power across the worlds.) The Master Hand would probably of been what little free will Giygas had remaining.