Advanced Search

Author Topic: Left 4 Dead  (Read 49229 times)

April 28, 2009, 08:31:03 PM
Reply #50

Kat

• Enjoys a hearty bowl of rings each morning

• Teh Official KitKat

• RAWR. I'm a dragon.

• View Profile
Re: Left 4 Dead
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »
Oh... :( I thought I was already one? (Kidding) Hold on, lemme go actually check really quick, it'll only take a few seconds. *idle*

April 28, 2009, 08:47:44 PM
Reply #51

Kat

• Teh Official KitKat

• RAWR. I'm a dragon.

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2009, 08:47:44 PM »
OKAY, here are my best ones...

No Mercy
The generator -  11:36.37
 The Hospital - 12:43.33

Dead Air
The Terminal - 16.15.83

Blood Harvest
The farmhouse - 11:01.60

April 28, 2009, 08:53:42 PM
Reply #52

Seph

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2009, 08:53:42 PM »
Haha, nice!

Say, out of curiosity, is it like in the game where Dead Air is the more difficult of them? If so, that's pretty impressive!
-Seph
Want to see what I'm working on?

April 28, 2009, 08:55:03 PM
Reply #53

Kat

• Teh Official KitKat

• RAWR. I'm a dragon.

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2009, 08:55:03 PM »
Yea, in my opinion Dead Air has always been the hardest/most annoying campaign ever.

April 28, 2009, 08:57:24 PM
Reply #54

Seph

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
And of course, that is the one you get 16 minutes on.

Suddenly you kicking my ass in Quake doesn't make me feel so bad.
-Seph
Want to see what I'm working on?

April 28, 2009, 08:58:11 PM
Reply #55

Kat

• Teh Official KitKat

• RAWR. I'm a dragon.

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2009, 08:58:11 PM »
I was never good at Quake...<_<

April 29, 2009, 06:58:12 AM
Reply #56

Piers

• Ring connoisseur

• You've little time left.

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2009, 06:58:12 AM »
KAT.

Advice plz! Any ANYYYY

April 29, 2009, 11:53:49 AM
Reply #57

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2009, 11:53:49 AM »
Yeah, I played a bit with Kat. I think the team made 13 mins at one point, though my recollection is getting foggy.
As for advice, usually we bunched around in a place close to an ammo supply and took down the zombies as they came to us. Gang up on tanks, experiment with placing explosives and petrol tanks, help eachother if one is in trouble, that sort of thing.
Fun gaming, I wanna play some more.

April 30, 2009, 07:27:24 AM
Reply #58

TimmiT

• Ring connoisseur

• Doesn't know what to put here.

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 07:27:24 AM »
You can play Left 4 Dead for free tommorow: http://store.steampowered.com/news/2458/

April 30, 2009, 04:53:39 PM
Reply #59

Kat

• Teh Official KitKat

• RAWR. I'm a dragon.

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 04:53:39 PM »
You want tips? You has tips comin' at yooou..

Okay, before I go off, I want to tell you, this is how I 'play'. I'm not saying how you play is right or wrong or mine is OH GOD SUPERIOR or anything, so, if you play your game differently, that's coo'. (And, these tips are probably extremely obvious or have already been said!, I might take screenshots to show you where I stick myself at during survival mode, too. :3)

Now it's time for KitKat's L4D  tips..

1) I never play in public unless I have no one on my friend's list to play with. For me this is 'crucial' to 'succeed' in Survival mode, because I need 100% trust in my teammates. (Hey, that's already a given in this type of game, though, right? =P) I mean this as in, "Okay, I trust these guys. I trust these guys will KNOCK THE HUNTER OFF OF ME A SOON AS IT LANDS ON ME or UN...SMOKE ME WHEN I AM PULLED BY A SMOKER. Aaaaa!"

2) Your reaction time has to be A++. This is really, really needed since you have like twenty thousand special infected coming after you, especially those bloody Hunters and Smokers! As soon you hear the cue for a teammate getting pounced/strangled, aid them ASAP. Every second counts.

3) In some stages, there will be places for you to hide in a corner in with ammo really near by. I.E: The barn in the Farmhouse or in the Terminal where they have the black gates and counter/receiptionest desk at. Always do Ammo run in groups and make sure your team knows that you're going for said ammo run. Usually do these when the horde and special infected are kept at a minimum (Like the..10 second breaks between them, they're sparse, I think).

4) When there's NO ammo near a nice little corner for you to get into (I.E The Generator room in No Mercy), conserve your ammo! That means usually always having your pistols out. Only have your main gun out when there's a tank or you need to protect your teammates/give them cover to heal. I usually always have a shotgun with me, A++ guns.

5) Molotovs and pipebombs are very, very limited--no matter how much you think there's alot, they're very limited. So...let's see.. My example for this will be No Mercy's hospital! There's a room down the hallway with two doubledoors (in the hallway with the ammo), I always make sure me and my team take the molotovs and pipebombs that are farthest from where we camp at, so when we need pipes and moli's later, we don't have to make too much of a far run to get them. Try to use these items sparingly.

6) What guns should you use in Survival Mode...?

Why, you should use shotguns and assault rifles of course! Sniper rifles, imo, are useless during this mode. Having three shotguns and one assault rifle is good or twoshotguns and two assault rifles or all four shotguns work really, really well. ARs are good for getting those pesky special infected when they're quite a ways away. This is so you don't have to worry about them too much when you got tons of hordes coming after you! The shotgunners take out the common infected, withthem in the front of the group, and melee as well since they can reload while meleeing. If you're in a really closed off room like the No mercy's hospital, you really should have four shotguns... (HR is useful in places for the crane though but I've never bothered to use it because shotgun devours all)

7) Tank...Taaaaaaank!? Yea, well, I don't think Survival tanks are as a bad as expert tanks cause they don't get fast when you light 'em on fire. But the shotgun comes REALLY handy when there's a tank around. If you see that bloody tank coming down the hallway or something, start loading your rounds into him. Ignore the common infected and the other special infected if you can help it (don't ignore the special infected /too/ much but..) focus on the tank. I've had him go down in like several seconds cause everyone focused on the poor guy. So, yea, if you have two tanks at one time be sure to light them both on fire so you can focus on one while the fire is doing damage to both of them.

8) Always make sure you know where the breakable walls are cause if you don't well, yea...Breakable walls are an obstacle IMO, because the horde can come from behind you if you don't know where those breakable walls are! So make sure to avoid those if you can...

9) Gas cans and other oxygen tanks,etc.--use these before you use up your molotovs and pipes, And try to horde them all in one place where NO ONE WILL ACCIDENTLY SHOOT IT. (I had that happen quite a couple of times when I played..hilarity ensued.) So that way if you burn up one gascan, when it goes out you can throw another.

10) It's nice to have communication going on in the team. So, use your mics and if you don't have one, make binds with necessary phrases. I'm not that really good with binds though so.. =C

I'm..not sure if I left anything out...And I dunno if that'll help you or not. I hope it does. =C If you ever want to play with me lemme know. :3 I'll be sure to play with you (..if I am not busy!!) But uhm, I am also sorry if these things are too obvious or whatnot, but yea.. =C like I said I hope these help.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:30:25 PM by Kat »

April 30, 2009, 08:50:38 PM
Reply #60

Evan IN SPACE!

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 08:50:38 PM »
my scoreboard for the Hospital says 13 minutes because I joined a game 12 minutes in.

The problem is that it didn't award me any medals for this, and when I actually got a gold on that legit, it still wouldn't change the score or award me the achievements. A SHAME

L4D really needed this though. All the modes required getting a people together and nailing them down for about an hour, which can be hard. It's nice to have a "jump in and play" mode, and it's often a gateway to campaigns. I still need to actually beat Dead Air and Blood Harvest, somehow.

April 30, 2009, 08:58:00 PM
Reply #61

Kat

• Teh Official KitKat

• RAWR. I'm a dragon.

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »
Aww.. I wish I could get the shiney medals too when I hop in, but yea..you gotta be joining the thing the whole time..well, the start of the round! Also, I noticed that on the achievements they have added on what you need for what achievement. My progress bar on What are you trying to prove says 3 but it says I need death toll and bloodharvest still...:C

Everyone's welcome to play with me on L4D when I'm on, so if you need help with somethin' I'd be more than happy to help. 

May 16, 2009, 07:08:19 PM
Reply #62

TimmiT

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2009, 07:08:19 PM »

August 04, 2009, 02:01:50 PM
Reply #63

TimmiT

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »
New DLC campaign announced: http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-crash-course-announced-as-new-campaign-142454.phtml
It's called Crash Course, has 2 chapters and is going to be free on PC, and cost 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live.

September 20, 2009, 02:48:57 PM
Reply #64

TimmiT

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2009, 02:48:57 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-db9qgn99o[/youtube]

September 21, 2009, 02:14:14 PM
Reply #65

Kat