Advanced Search

Author Topic: Its the E3-athon Topic Extravaganza! *Cough* Monkey Island  (Read 32124 times)

June 03, 2009, 05:33:59 PM
Reply #125

Squishdiboo

• Ruiner

• sniff

• View Profile
Re: Its the E3-athon Topic Extravaganza! *Cough* Monkey Island
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »
Wario stumbling around is not what I want at all.

You people do not understand. . . .

Shadow with a gun is not quite what I was thinking of. I just like the juxtaposition of lovable little Mario shooting at zombies or trying to kill people. I'm really quite bored of this whole hop-on-turtles thing, and I've been disappointed/frustrated by every Mario game since maybe Sunshine. Mario Kart DS was ok though.

After Galaxy, besides sequels, what else is there to do with him?

I used to look forward to Mario games, but now I just sigh when I hear of a new one. NSMB for DS or whatever was too easy and boring. And I think Mario Kart Wii really was the last of it for me. That game was such balls.

I'll admit, I didn't even try to play Galaxy. Maybe it's fun. But I don't feel like trying it.

June 03, 2009, 05:51:40 PM
Reply #126

AJ

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
    • Save Shaq Fu
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2009, 05:51:40 PM »
Wario stumbling around is not what I want at all.

You people do not understand. . . .

Shadow with a gun is not quite what I was thinking of. I just like the juxtaposition of lovable little Mario shooting at zombies or trying to kill people. I'm really quite bored of this whole hop-on-turtles thing, and I've been disappointed/frustrated by every Mario game since maybe Sunshine. Mario Kart DS was ok though.

After Galaxy, besides sequels, what else is there to do with him?

I used to look forward to Mario games, but now I just sigh when I hear of a new one. NSMB for DS or whatever was too easy and boring. And I think Mario Kart Wii really was the last of it for me. That game was such balls.

I'll admit, I didn't even try to play Galaxy. Maybe it's fun. But I don't feel like trying it.

Haha, sooooo, you're saying Mario is always "the same old thing", and yet, Galaxy comes along, something that completely changes the playstyle of Mario (Pretty sure you can play that entire game without jumping on a "turtle") but you didn't even give it a shot.

When it first came out and I saw Ty play it, I was kind of like "eh" and waited a couple YEARS before getting it. When I finally did I was like "shit what the hell was I thinking" because it's wonderful.

Anyway ... Mario will never shoot zombies. It's not ... Mario. If you want to shoot zombies, play a game where you shoot zombies, because Mario killing would be the most out of character thing ever. They'd take what they built up over the last twenty years and just ... crush it in one mighty blow.

June 03, 2009, 05:54:31 PM
Reply #127

Yoko Oh-no!

• Ring connoisseur

• isn't silve

• this doesn't make me gay

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2009, 05:54:31 PM »
from another forum:

I think that we're jumping to conclusions about L4D2.

on the RPS podcast Chet Faliszek talked about L4D2.  For one thing they're apparently still going to support L4D while they're pushing the sequel...for another they said that they didn't want to just make a million campaigns about "these four guys' horrible lives", exploring more groups of survivors.  plus it'd be sweet if alternate game modes like survival let us choose between ANY of the survivors from the various groups.

what I think, is that they're going to put up LAST STAND as "the last campaign" for Zoey, Bill, Francis, and Louis, and then add L4D2 as a massive dlc expansion, like they did with HL2 ep2, but that they'll also be adding some of these new things BACK into L4D (If it runs on the same engine I imagine they'd be able to set it so new infected and weapons carry over, for instance)  They might just be pushing the "2" part because of the 360 push, since the first game was such a hit on the platform last holiday season.

Things of interest, there's at least 4 new special infected in this game.  A "wandering" witch, that sings instead of cries, the charger (from the trailer) that basically rushes the group, swings his arm to scatter/stun them, and then runs off again.  His role is to break up "corner huddling" tactics that people are so fond of.  (If you huddle, he'll stun you and your entire group will be sitting ducks)  There's two more infected they talked about but haven't shown off or gone into detail about yet, i'm betting on the screamer being one of them.

As far as the new weapons, they sound badass.  The melee weapons replace your main weapon (shotgun, uzi) so you have to rely on your pistols if you go for that.  They're also adding incendiary rounds as an alternative to regular ammo, and some other unnamed weapons ontop of that (new handguns, maybe desert eagles, revolvers, or new grenades please?) They've also shown off new "alternatives" to the 5 basic weapons we've had already (the new shotgun has a slower rate of fire, but it probably gets other buffs ontop of that)

Also, if you're excited about the incendiary rounds, keep in mind that they're adding "hazvat suit" zombies into the hordes, which will be immune to fire.  Also, infected will be able to survive decapitated limbs now, so make sure to shoot 'em in the head!  (they're upping the gore too, now you can slice them in half and all sorts of gross awesome shit.)  Cheesy

The changes to the director sounds great too.  Weather that dynamically changes the field of play (take cover during a rain storm, tread lightly through fog, maybe there'll be hailstorms too)  there's also going to be alternate routes based on player progress that might force you to take the long way around.  also they're going to be having "survival" style criscendo events now, forcing a never ending horde at you as you try to cross a bridge or something like that.  All this stuff sounds great and I really hope they add some of it into the old game.  I also hope they add in some extra cutscenes that link the rest of the campaigns together, or at least a "final" ending cutscene for last stand...

also what's the deal with sequels this e3?  EVERY SINGLE GAME is a sequel (fucking nintendo was sequel city, also that team ninja metroid game....i don't know about that....)

June 03, 2009, 06:42:53 PM
Reply #128

TimmiT

• Ring connoisseur

• Doesn't know what to put here.

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2009, 06:42:53 PM »
Konami press conference is going on now.
Metal Gear Arcade has been anounced and Kojima is making: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

June 03, 2009, 06:43:04 PM
Reply #129

Squishdiboo

• Ruiner

• sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »
Well that's what I'm saying. Unless Mario does something out of character, I've lost the desire to bother with Mario anymore.

I think I watched Joshi play it a little bit and you gotta do some annoying waggle thing to collect stars or something? Eh.

If Mario was shooting at things, but was still acting like a silly Italian plumber, I would think it was funny. I actually don't care for shooters at all.

Shadow shooting things is hardly surprising, since he's just always trying to be dramatic badass dark Sonic anyway.

June 03, 2009, 06:51:11 PM
Reply #130

Bartman3010

• 3 ring meals a day

• Smash Move: Galatic Punt

• I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2009, 06:51:11 PM »
You shoot star bits at enemies to stun them in Mario Galaxy, but its not really Mario doing that per-se. Also, the most amount of waggle you do is to shake the remote or nunchuck to make Mario spin, and that has multiple uses on its own.

Edit: Aside from the existence of Left 4 Dead 2, I kind of want to hear about HL2: Episode 3...I'd be more satisfied if it costs less than the first game.

Also, Metal Gear Castlevania?!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:53:46 PM by Bartman3010 »

June 03, 2009, 07:03:08 PM
Reply #131

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
    • The Shifti, Home Of The TSA
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2009, 07:03:08 PM »
Personally I thought Shadow should use guns, I was more pissed with the vehicles.

Shadow being a Bio-Enginered Weapon it makes sense he'd know how to use a gun, and given his personality he doesn't have the same morals as Sonic.

Him using a bike however was as ridiculous as the time Superman drove around in a Super Plane.

That being said I look forward to Sonic Kart because Mario Kart Wii was the worst game I ever played, and I need my Mario Kart fix. Seeing as Sonic And Sega All-Stars Racing doesn't have god damn Blue Shells, it's already looking better.

Finally for those keeping track, here's a list of Worst Games I've Ever Played

1. Cool World (SNES) (I Have yet to find a more horrible game)
2. Superman (N64)
3. Mario Kart Wii (Wii)
4. Countless Shitty Atari games (Atari 2600) (I can't be assed to remeber the name of every less than 6-bit eyesore)
5. Sonic Heroes (GCN)
6. Super Paper Mario (Wii)

Best Games ever include
1. Banjo Kazooie - N64/360 (Guh-huk)
2. Duke Nukem 3D - PC/360/PSX/Saturn (DAMN! I'm good)
3. Disgaea 3:Absence Of Justice - PS3 (What the hell dood!)
4. Dead Rising - 360 AND ON NO OTHER CONSOLES (I've covered wars ya know)
5. Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - PS2, Arcade, 360, PS3, Dreamcast, and Xbox (Morrigan, Jill, and Hayato FTW!)

But enough of my rambling, am I the only one excited about Sonic Kart?
- This is sure to end in hijinks!
(I'm watching you, I'm always watching you. -)

June 03, 2009, 07:12:46 PM
Reply #132

evan

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2009, 07:12:46 PM »
We already knew how autistic you are Hol you don't need to prove it any further

June 03, 2009, 07:33:59 PM
Reply #133

Jolly Joes

• Ring connoisseur

• (゚∀゚) grape-flavored Mike & Ikes

• Spinnin' Rad!

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2009, 07:33:59 PM »
Apparently Hol skipped out on the whole NES generation...and tons of licensed crap over the decades if MK Wii, SPM, and even Sonic Heroes were some of the worst games he ever played. XD

EDIT: Also, I'm glad that Squash doesn't have any imput at what Nintendo should do with the Mario franchise. Play Dead Rising and place a Servbot helmet on Frank if you want your cutesty-mascot character in a Zombie Holocaust game so much. I heard you can even dress him up as Megaman.

Better yet, just play this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 07:42:04 PM by Jolly Joes »

June 03, 2009, 07:54:12 PM
Reply #134

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2009, 07:54:12 PM »
yeah, didn't have an NES when growing up. However, I do have mental scars from Stargate SG-1 on SNES and Ghostbusters 2 on NES.

Anyway, all Nintendo needs to do with the Mario franchise is stop making Sports Titles and make DAMN MARIO GAMES, and from this year's E3 it's obvious they did. Now all they need to do is let you ride Yoshis again, oh wait they did that too.

Well they better fucking include Raccoon Mario and Waluigi.

June 03, 2009, 08:04:13 PM
Reply #135

Squishdiboo

• Ruiner

• sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »
If I had any say there wouldn't be a Mario franchise anymore. I hope you don't think I'm super serious.

June 03, 2009, 08:19:14 PM
Reply #136

Will Knavison

• Ring connoisseur

• Obnoxious Entertainment Reference

• o_o

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2009, 08:19:14 PM »

You're a fucking idiot

June 03, 2009, 08:42:59 PM
Reply #137

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
    • Mastodon Lion Thunderzord Power
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2009, 08:42:59 PM »
Anyway ... Mario will never shoot zombies.

I dunno, does Yoshi's Safari have Dry Bones in it?  That could count.

Terry, you really should play Galaxy.  The only waggle is makin' him spin, and optionally you can point at the screen to collect and shoot star bits (not required, though, I think).

June 03, 2009, 08:50:09 PM
Reply #138

Myst

• Should go on a ring diet

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2009, 08:50:09 PM »
Personally I thought Shadow should use guns, I was more pissed with the vehicles.

Shadow being a Bio-Enginered Weapon it makes sense he'd know how to use a gun, and given his personality he doesn't have the same morals as Sonic.

Him using a bike however was as ridiculous as the time Superman drove around in a Super Plane.

The guns in Shadow were useless. Doesn't he have Chaos Control, Chaos Spear, Chaos Blast, and the spindash ability?  The intro showed him taking down dozens of armed GUN Soldiers and Black Arms all at once without even using the gun.

The guns were only there for the 14-year old Sonic fans who think the franchise needs cussing, guns and blood.

Also, the Atari was awesome.

June 03, 2009, 08:55:14 PM
Reply #139

Keith Stack

• Ringmaster

• The prettiest.

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »
I am looking forward to the Mario games, because I like platformers and console Mario games are almost always pretty great. Two new Marios being announced at once puts a big smile on my face.

Sonic Kart looks good, if only because PS3/360 could use a good online kart-racing game.

All three conferences had much more than I was expecting, and all three systems seem to have really good games coming out for them. This generation of games is starting to look pretty fuckin' boss.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 09:02:55 PM by ʞɔɐʇs ɥʇıǝʞ »

June 03, 2009, 09:07:48 PM
Reply #140

Keith Stack

• Ringmaster

• The prettiest.

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2009, 09:07:48 PM »
-

June 03, 2009, 10:21:31 PM
Reply #141

Archaemic

• Ring connoisseur

• aɹ·kʰej·mɪk

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
I'm just poppin' in to say, the announcement of a new Golden Sun is awesome! Screw the people hating on the Golden Sun announcement. Thanks.

Who would hate on that. Seriously. Best news I've heard in a long time.

(This list is incomplete)

June 03, 2009, 10:39:58 PM
Reply #142

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2009, 10:39:58 PM »

You're a fucking idiot

I'm an idiot for not liking 20 hours with a text, with NO FUCKING ENEMIES TO FIGHT. The one I do fight are defeated easily by continous jumping on them. The joy of ONE PLAYABLE CHARACTER as although there are FOUR OF THEM, I can only fucking use Mario because ALL OF THE PUZZLES involve a SHITTY FORCED 3D FLIP MECHANIC that only the character I want to use LEAST can do. DID I MENTION THE LACK OF ENEMIES? So many health recovery items, and so little use for them. Though had they actaully added something to do other than push right, let my WHOLE PARTY FLIP and NOT JUST MARIO, included some platforming elements, and include some reason other than walls of text to stop me from shutting the game off and playing Banjo Tooie on my Xbox 360 instead. Then the game would be decent, but seeing as they made a good engine with absolutely NO GAME to accompany in it. Super Gayper Mario can stay in the fiery pits of hell from where it was spawned.

Sorry but if Super Paper Mario's your scene, you're a fucking fanboy.

June 03, 2009, 10:43:55 PM
Reply #143

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2009, 10:43:55 PM »
It sounds like you played the first level.

After it had been beaten.

Troll harder, Hol.  Super Paper Mario is an amazing game.

June 03, 2009, 10:49:10 PM
Reply #144

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2009, 10:49:10 PM »
I played to the Cavemen stage then I got bored, it's not trolling if it's the truth Joshi.

If I were trolling I'd bring up Lucario > Mewtwo in Brawl, Luigi's identical gameplay to Mario in Mario Galaxy, Mr. Dream not being in Punch Out!!, Baby Characters in Mario Kart Wii, etc. As opposed to ACTUAL LEGITIMITE complaints about the worst Wii game ever made, instead of dumb nitpicks.

To be honest when I played the first level I was quite enthralled, but as I played further the game did not jump in the amount of content it had, play it again and wipe all the Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door Nostalgia out of your eyes.

June 03, 2009, 10:50:17 PM
Reply #145

Magi

• Ring connoisseur

• watashi wa kira dess

• it ain't easy bein' cheesy

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2009, 10:50:17 PM »
Perfect Dark XBLA is in 1080P and 60 frames per second

And online I heard.  This is so awesome.

Also Kojima working on the next Castlevania has me excited.

Also I didn't like SPM either.

June 03, 2009, 10:51:33 PM
Reply #146

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:33 PM »
I wonder if the next Castlevania will have Simon or not? Since it's been ages since the last Consolvania, I'm thinking they probably will have Simon. (Though a playable Alucard would be win)

June 03, 2009, 11:03:03 PM
Reply #147

Squishdiboo

• Ruiner

• sniff

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2009, 11:03:03 PM »
Maybe I'm just bitter because no one ever wants to play Mario Party with me. . . .

June 03, 2009, 11:05:42 PM
Reply #148

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2009, 11:05:42 PM »
it's not trolling if it's the truth Joshi.

Right, so stop trolling.

(PS, I don't have any PM2 nostalgia)

June 03, 2009, 11:07:16 PM
Reply #149

AJ

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
    • Save Shaq Fu
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2009, 11:07:16 PM »
Well that's what I'm saying. Unless Mario does something out of character, I've lost the desire to bother with Mario anymore.

I think I watched Joshi play it a little bit and you gotta do some annoying waggle thing to collect stars or something? Eh.

If Mario was shooting at things, but was still acting like a silly Italian plumber, I would think it was funny. I actually don't care for shooters at all.

Shadow shooting things is hardly surprising, since he's just always trying to be dramatic badass dark Sonic anyway.

Eh. I'm just sayin', people who don't give things an actual good solid try don't really have any valid opinion on trying to judge them. Just speculation. I'd say Mario going to SPACE is pretty out of character.

Also. Mario does shoot things. Fireballs. And now Iceballs. But it's not even so much like "guns are out of character" as they are like out of GAME. A gun is nowhere in the mushroom kingdom or anything. It just wouldn't ... fit. I mean I understand you're not saying "IT'S GOTTA HAVE GUNS TO BE GOOD" more or less you want something "out of character" period, but ... that's when you start getting into the whole trying to take itself seriously with poorly written characters.

If he was to be out of character, they'd have to develop him more to begin with. To do that, they'd have to write more story oriented crap, which GENERALLY takes away from gameplay. Then, after finally building his character, they'd have to do a 180 on whatever they wrote and change him drastically.

But yeah. Just ... don't judge something until you try it. And again .... space ... kind of a new thing!

Also ... Hol, stop breathing.
The Sonic series, again, comes to mind.