Advanced Search

Author Topic: Should I ruffle some feathers with this eBay seller?  (Read 15804 times)

June 04, 2009, 09:15:11 AM
Read 15804 times

Bartman3010

• 3 ring meals a day

• Smash Move: Galatic Punt

• I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

• View Profile
Should I ruffle some feathers with this eBay seller?
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:15:11 AM »
So in my hunt for Sega Saturn games I ran across Burning Rangers for about $71. Thats about as good as it gets for me, right? Well I ordered it back at the beginning of April, and the seller didnt ship it! I tried contacting the guy two times and he never responded, his eBay "Store" completely empty. Yet he was still buying things. I waited for three weeks and eventually got refunded of the item.

Then I check his profile and what do I see?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Burning-Rangers-Saturn-Complete-MINT-Condition_W0QQitemZ270402002181QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3ef5371d05&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262&_trkparms=|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A30

Asshole relists the item, which is fine if it never made it to my address (Except for the fact that he never shipped it) but he charges almost double for what I paid. Sounds like he decided to get greedy and just turtle on my payment until I reacted.

So yeah, I'm a little more than angry. In fact, I'm not going to let this slide.

June 04, 2009, 09:30:31 AM
Reply #1

AnKylo

• Ring connoisseur

• Also known as Hearty Beef 'n Potatoes.

• View Profile
    • SpadeRunner Illustrations
Re: Should I ruffle some feathers with this eBay seller?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »
eBay sucks total ass when it comes to games and such. I got my first two Saturns off the site, each one wasn't working and they refused to refund. First one even left the system open with all five games in the disc drive during shipping.

June 04, 2009, 10:57:27 AM
Reply #2

InstantSonic

• Enjoys a hearty bowl of rings each morning

• Just Add Water!

• Personal Text:

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 10:57:27 AM »
Damn dude, that is really messed up. Go all AH'M PRESSIN' CHARGEZ on his ass.

June 04, 2009, 12:56:32 PM
Reply #3

Ksuno

• 3 ring meals a day

• :|

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:56:32 PM »
That really sucks. That's the kind of treatment I was terrified I would get when I ordered my PS3 and (later) Ico. But, luckily, nothing like that happened. Good luck though! Get some vengence!!
Physics makes us all its bitches.

June 04, 2009, 03:52:39 PM
Reply #4

DiscoChao

• 3 ring meals a day

• Founder of the Funktastic 4

• Buddy.gif IS GONE FOOLS!

• View Profile
    • The Disco Launcher
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »
I don't know what the policies are at eBay, but I'd contact eBay and inform them of the situation and see if they're willing to do anything at all. I suspect they won't do anything because you got your refund. No harm done. But it never hurts to check.

June 04, 2009, 04:26:27 PM
Reply #5

Shev

• Ring connoisseur

• Pointman

• This is the fun-vee.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 04:26:27 PM »
Report his goose-ass to eBay.
......[Mercenary Kings]...Steam: TheAngryCello

June 04, 2009, 08:07:13 PM
Reply #6

Bartman3010

• 3 ring meals a day

• I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:13 PM »
I don't know what the policies are at eBay, but I'd contact eBay and inform them of the situation and see if they're willing to do anything at all. I suspect they won't do anything because you got your refund. No harm done. But it never hurts to check.

The only way I feel eBay will do something is that the seller chose not to ship the item to me only to charge way more than what I bought it for. While it had some weird 10% discount thing added to it, its normal price was $71.49. However, $129.99 is a pretty major jump in price. Plus it may appear that he was purposely avoiding me just to be able to legally acquire the item back.

Let me quote what he wrote to me when he refunded me. "Game was lost in transaction. I apologize for the inconveniece."

That could mean a lot of things. Did he lose it while doing the transaction? It doesnt sound like it went to the wrong address. If it did, he would've/should've contacted me within the 3 weeks I sent him messages showing him my concern.

Perhaps I should've tried to contact the guy after he refunded me, but I just dont feel like dealing with it. I DID get my refund. I want the item, but not from him. I dont want to deal with this guy. The only thing I want out of this is that he gets some sort of penalty.

June 04, 2009, 09:54:23 PM
Reply #7

Bartman3010

• 3 ring meals a day

• I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 09:54:23 PM »
Going off topic for no apparent reason, I just got yet another order off of eBay with quick timing! A brand new $10 copy of Street Fighter Alpha 2. I decided to get it since I got the "Good" Sega Saturn pad that has an actual 8 way cross instead of 'grooves'.

June 05, 2009, 12:56:58 AM
Reply #8

Epon

• Enjoys a hearty bowl of rings each morning

• I don't come here anymore.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2009, 12:56:58 AM »
eBay isn't going to do shit since you're refunded. As far as they're concerned, everything is fine.

I had some dickhead in Canada try to fuck me when he purchased a set of golf clubs from me. After attempting to say they weren't in good condition, rusted, etc, he wanted me to give him some money back. Instead, I took it to eBay and said "listen dude, here's a full refund send my shit back" and he got all antsy because he realized that eBay would enforce that policy no questions ask.

Long story short, dont be flakey. You didn't lose your money and be happy about that.

June 05, 2009, 04:34:52 PM
Reply #9

Spazz

• Ringleader

• peent

• View Profile
    • peent
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
This is what the feedback and rating systems are for. There's no concrete proof that he's in breech of any contract or ToS. The closest thing to a "penalty" he can get is negative feedback from you, which I don't even think would be completely justified.

Although it is unusual for a power seller to pull something like that.

June 05, 2009, 04:57:10 PM
Reply #10

Bartman3010

• 3 ring meals a day

• I’m no maaaaaaaatch...

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2009, 04:57:10 PM »
I was finally able to leave some form of negative feedback. The item was on my "List of things to pay" until a certain amount of time.

Also, I have a right to report him. I told him specifically that I would rather get the item rather than get refunded for the payment. He did not try to reason with me; he just gave my money back. So it makes no sense for him to try and get my address correct. He said nothing about it being sent to the wrong address. So you would think that once he gave my money back that he would've gotten it back in the mail and said "Hey I got that item back, would you like to try and find another way to get this to your house?" But no. he did no such thing.

Edit: Turns out he added another Burning Rangers that was at the same price of when I bought it. So he was able to get it back but doesnt want to bother trying to send it to me. Screw this guy.

Also, re-reading the letter eBay sent back to me says this.

"Rest assured that we reviewed your report about bartman301 and will take appropriate action."

So they're going to take appropriate action against a report I filed against myself. BRILLIANT WORK EBAY THANKS SO MUCH!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 05:13:22 PM by Bartman3010 »