Advanced Search

Author Topic: Seriously? No one else is gonna say it?  (Read 1415 times)

April 29, 2016, 05:24:49 AM
Read 1415 times

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
    • The Shifti, Home Of The TSA
Seriously? No one else is gonna say it?
« on: April 29, 2016, 05:24:49 AM »
Sega now has LEGAL ROM HACKS on Steam, eyup, you can now get Sonic Rom Hacks off of Steam and play them in an official Sega Emulator. It runs like shit though, it lags and both Fatal Labyrnth and Eternal Champions magically vanish when you try to play them. Sega has took note and will patch it soon.

If you have ever dreamed of being able to play as Bunnie Rabbot in an official Sonic game this is as close as we're gonna get.... *looks to Kulock*
- This is sure to end in hijinks!
(I'm watching you, I'm always watching you. -)

May 01, 2016, 07:54:13 AM
Reply #1

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
Re: Seriously? No one else is gonna say it?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 07:54:13 AM »
The new Sega Classics emulation system is pretty cool, you literally have a 3D room with all your Mega Drive games on a shelf (not European box art though), and you select them and put them into your 3D Mega Drive (but not the Mark II, which was the one I had). However, I'm finding the emulation... not quite up to par. I played Comix Zone mainly (making it about the 6th platform I've played it on), and certain sound effects seems a bit screetchy, and I swear there were graphical glitches too. I really hope they update it because good emulation is key to recapturing the original experience of playing the games.

May 10, 2016, 11:38:45 PM
Reply #2

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
    • The Shifti, Home Of The TSA
Re: Seriously? No one else is gonna say it?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 11:38:45 PM »
If you use the Simple Launcher the emulation is completely glitch free....

*rips own spine out and dies*

*becomes a ghost*

But you can't use mods....

I'm getting stupid slowdown in the main room, but that's the only way I can use mods, and don't even t ell me it's my PC. I can run Sonic Generations and Lost World.... but I can't run Sonic 2 while loading a basic 3D Room made in the same program used to make Slender:The Arrival?
- This is sure to end in hijinks!
(I'm watching you, I'm always watching you. -)