Advanced Search

Author Topic: hey cool, whos been fucking around with my account  (Read 23602 times)

January 17, 2011, 05:08:09 PM
Reply #100

Mightfo

• Enjoys a hearty bowl of rings each morning

• hulkamania

• View Profile
Re: hey cool, whos been fucking around with my account
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2011, 05:08:09 PM »
I was in on this a good week before this topic was saturated and I was sort of sad at how little luck-rage it actually generated.

at least we got him to call people cowardly multiple times

January 17, 2011, 05:09:12 PM
Reply #101

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
    • Mastodon Lion Thunderzord Power
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2011, 05:09:12 PM »
yeah the moderator thing is overall pretty inoffensive, I was just pointing it out as an abuse of power I haven't yet committed myself. also it's not that funny imo but that is neither here nor there
oh okay.  That makes sense.

as for Luckett's "over the top" reaction, I think that is where this caper falls flat. i don't really see an over the top reaction. I see Luckett writing the same way he always does - somewhat apathetic with liberal application of needless vulgarity. like, maybe if it got some big fucking rise out of him and he started flipping his shit it'd be notable but from where I'm standing it looks like a bunch of people waving their arms around and going "HEH HEH YEAH MAN I BET YOU HATE THIS HUH! SUCK IT UP!! HOW DOES IT FEEEEEL?????" at luckett while he just stands there awkwardly waiting for you to stop acting like children and eventually leaves the room, mildly frustrated

i dunno maybe it's a problem with my reading comprehension. maybe I am not perceiving luckett's posts as angry enough......
No, I can see what you mean.  I think it's maybe poor word choice and also a different definition of things.

I love Luckett's replies, in any form.  I think most of his posts are 'over the top.'  I'm not saying this topic is like EXPLOSIVE LUCKETT MEGA-ANGER.  I think it's pretty par for the course.
Yeah, I can see frustration as being a better term here, but I usually think of frustration and anger being pretty close anyway.  And either way, whichever word you choose to apply to Luckett's posts, I find them pretty funny.  Several of us do.
I just wanted Luckett to post more, in any capacity, because I find his posts amazing.  Whether it be whining about people who "can't deal" or posting about why Video Game X sucks for This That and Thus reasons (and making good points about the game the whole way through), I find them hilarious.
That this was the easiest way to get him to post does not bother me.

[spoiler]i swear to god emilychao better not be real

thirteen wtf

that's too young even for shinmera[/spoiler]
Pretty sure she is.

January 17, 2011, 05:09:36 PM
Reply #102

Vexiss

• Should go on a ring diet

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2011, 05:09:36 PM »
It's just fun to antagonize people; a little joking around.

This is the kind of thing you would do to your buddies, and at the end of it the person that was being messed with would say "All right, all right, I get it now! Fuck you guys!" and everyone would laugh.

Not "This is the tactic of a faceless powertripping coward! This affront should not stand!"

Also, isn't it pretty much a given assumption that admins can see/modify any and all things relating to your account? That's the way it is in most places. Or, if they can't see your password, they can at least reset it.

January 17, 2011, 05:18:01 PM
Reply #103

Chrispy

• Ring connoisseur

• Master of Dungeons

• View Profile
    • Critical Wits
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:01 PM »
Pretty much what Joshi said: luckett's post are fun because he is such an unbelievable person (not necessarily in a positive way).

He just needs to get over himself a bit if he genuinely means all the shit he spouts. Have a bit of fun once in a while, guy.

January 17, 2011, 05:18:28 PM
Reply #104

chess!!

• QUEEN

• a kirby of shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:28 PM »

This is the kind of thing you would do to your buddies, and at the end of it the person that was being messed with would say "All right, all right, I get it now! Fuck you guys!" and everyone would laugh.

Not "This is the tactic of a faceless powertripping coward! This affront should not stand!"
Why would he give the "All right I get it fuck you guys ha ha!!" response when all of your (as in, the lot of you) interactions with Luckett have been antagonistic in nature? Why would you expect that. CHALLENGING SCIENCE.

January 17, 2011, 05:18:49 PM
Reply #105

Fusby Hookum-Snivey

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 17, 2011, 05:18:49 PM »
@Luckett: if this place is worthless and needs to be destroyed, why don't you walk away from it, and leave it to those who would destroy it? Instead of coming in to talk about video games and brag about what you got for Christmas, and yell at people who do not care what you think of them, why do you not simply stop posting?  You're a grown man with other Internet places to visit and more interesting people to talk to, yes? Why do you waste your time?

January 17, 2011, 05:24:58 PM
Reply #106

Vexiss

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 17, 2011, 05:24:58 PM »

Why would he give the "All right I get it fuck you guys ha ha!!" response when all of your (as in, the lot of you) interactions with Luckett have been antagonistic in nature? Why would you expect that. CHALLENGING SCIENCE.

Because I wish with all my heart that our friendly* jibes can warm Luckett's heart

He's good* people and so are we.

* Qualifiers may not be fully representative of the entirety of content posted

January 17, 2011, 05:26:37 PM
Reply #107

Luckett

• 3 ring meals a day

• king of piss

• View Profile
    • Luckettopia
« Reply #107 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:37 PM »
right, one last guilty post before I take a long indefinite vacation from this shithole:

- you get the aspie rhetoric because to be blunt, thats how awful I view this place. second hand awful memes, childish bullshit like all of this topics timeline and stuff, and its perhaps unsurprising why I've tarred you all on the "treat with absolute contempt" mental ticklist on how to interact with specific people. This too you're also all guilty for even assuming how I act here is the definitive "thats Luckett" because as I said, this has long since ceased to ever be any 'internet home' for me, and I frequent more mature boards and stuff these days where I conduct myself in a normal way, which I dare say a fair few of the decent remaining ones here also do.

- yes videogames and their construction piss me off, because once youve seen how much fucking money they waste and the people that are employed into positions of any authority, you begin to get an axe to grind about it. I was going to start a proper start-up blog-site so I could just vent on videogames and how I would fix them, and will be doing so sometime this month or next. My computer killing itself ate the main review I was focussing on (Metroid Other M) and its obviously since ceased to be a relevant and new topic in the meantime it took me to earn enough money to buy my new fancy one, so the drive to do so has waned. The site wont be angry me, it will be cool and obsessively detailed me.

- That also links to the reason I ever hang around some places longer than I should (SFGHQ was the last I'd file this under as well). Forums are great promotional tools, so whenever I have new shit to hock I do the rounds. I'd say this place has pretty much lost any impetus for such a use from me, and has done for quite a while, so another ticklist on why you are all useless to me and thus serve no purpose.

- I've also been too busy with my new job and general life shit to even enjoy the guilty pleasures of life such as kicking Blaze in his buck-teeth for being such a waste of space and my usual SER routine. Which is really all the place became for me, a guilty pleasure to kick in the balls every now and then and whip up some retards into a frenzy. This time you all got so bored you had to manufacture the frenzy and hope for my angry reactions yourselves. My god.

TL/DR version:
I HAVE GROWN UP, TIRED OF THE COMMUNITY AND AM LEAVING THE INTERNET (this part of it exclusively). Enjoy a final treat to remember me by, the changing of the guard.

January 17, 2011, 05:28:29 PM
Reply #108

Vexiss

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 17, 2011, 05:28:29 PM »

enjoy your new job

dunno how we'll survive without you

ps. you'll always have a place in my heart of hearts

January 17, 2011, 05:55:49 PM
Reply #109

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 17, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »

Also, isn't it pretty much a given assumption that admins can see/modify any and all things relating to your account? That's the way it is in most places. Or, if they can't see your password, they can at least reset it.
just want to stress that this is not at all how i am approaching this

I was going to start a proper start-up blog-site so I could just vent on videogames and how I would fix them, and will be doing so sometime this month or next. My computer killing itself ate the main review I was focussing on (Metroid Other M) and its obviously since ceased to be a relevant and new topic in the meantime it took me to earn enough money to buy my new fancy one, so the drive to do so has waned. The site wont be angry me, it will be cool and obsessively detailed me.
If you ever do make that blog I would actually like to see it.  Even if you're not being Ridiculous SER Luckett, I am legit interested in your views on games.

if this place is worthless and needs to be destroyed, why don't you walk away from it, and leave it to those who would destroy it?
SHHH DONT RUIN OUR FUN.

Really, if anything his being here encourages SER's destruction, because it encourages me to do stupid shit like this, which drives away the idiots who apparently don't understand that they're allowed to make topics at the same time I am.

January 17, 2011, 06:21:48 PM
Reply #110

Shinmera

• 3 ring meals a day

• un-FUCKING believable!

• View Profile
    • tymoon.eu
« Reply #110 on: January 17, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
[spoiler]i swear to god emilychao better not be real

thirteen wtf

that's too young even for shinmera[/spoiler]

Daaaaaaaaaamn.

January 17, 2011, 06:27:57 PM
Reply #111

Fusby Hookum-Snivey

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 17, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »
@Sparkle Tits: Maybe it's more of a case of these "idiots" feeling uncomfortable with your ridiculous antics. Like when you're at the movie theatre and a group of obnoxious teenagers sits behind you and starts throwing popcorn at you and chattering loudly during the film--are you going to join in the "fun" or are you going to walk out and ask for your money back/silently sulk through the whole thing/yell at them to shut up and behave appropriately?

January 17, 2011, 06:34:37 PM
Reply #112

Vexiss

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:37 PM »

just want to stress that this is not at all how i am approaching this

So you're being malicious and sinister about it

;)

Also Fusby it's not like the film is actually being interrupted. There's usually no film playing here and, on the scant occasion that something actually is going on, it can easily exist independently of our obnoxious food hurling

pps: <3 shinmera
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:40:42 PM by Lukcett »

January 17, 2011, 06:42:57 PM
Reply #113

Fusby Hookum-Snivey

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 17, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Okay let's compare it to going out to dinner. Say you go to McDonalds and that group of obnoxious children is there making a mess of things and shouting and having a grand old time but being inconsiderate toward you and the other people there. Same thing, are you going to enjoy your meal, or are you going to feel uncomfortable and intimidated and walk out or complain about it?

January 17, 2011, 06:44:35 PM
Reply #114

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 17, 2011, 06:44:35 PM »
Yeah, your analogy doesn't really work here.

Maybe if, like, everyone in the theatre has, like, headphones, so me and my friends talking doesn't actually interrupt the movie.  You might see us having some fun over in your peripheral vision, at some point one of us might throw some popcorn.  And I'm sorry for the popcorn but other than that we're really not ruining the movie???

Also the movie ended years ago and it's just us hangin' out in the theatre after the credits anyway, so who cares

January 17, 2011, 06:46:08 PM
Reply #115

Fusby Hookum-Snivey

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »
The trouble with children is they are incapable of seeing things from the perspective of others.

January 17, 2011, 06:55:49 PM
Reply #116

Vexiss

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »
The trouble with children is that they go to McDonalds.

The trouble with everyone on SER is that they'll be going to McDonald's to get little girl pony toys.

January 17, 2011, 06:56:29 PM
Reply #117

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2011, 06:56:29 PM »
I hope I can get a Pinkie Pie toy tomorrow

January 17, 2011, 07:02:01 PM
Reply #118

H Hog

• Administrator

• can't enjoy his sandwich

• hwa~owh!

• View Profile
    • Coldflame
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2011, 07:02:01 PM »
as for Luckett's "over the top" reaction, I think that is where this caper falls flat. i don't really see an over the top reaction. I see Luckett writing the same way he always does - somewhat apathetic with liberal application of needless vulgarity. like, maybe if it got some big fucking rise out of him and he started flipping his shit it'd be notable but from where I'm standing it looks like a bunch of people waving their arms around and going "HEH HEH YEAH MAN I BET YOU HATE THIS HUH! SUCK IT UP!! HOW DOES IT FEEEEEL?????" at luckett while he just stands there awkwardly waiting for you to stop acting like children and eventually leaves the room, mildly frustrated

i dunno maybe it's a problem with my reading comprehension. maybe I am not perceiving luckett's posts as angry enough......

Nah, that's pretty much what I'm getting too.

...also gog damn you guys

Xbox Live: H Hoguera  --  NNID: HHoguera  --  PSN: H_Hoguera

January 17, 2011, 07:02:51 PM
Reply #119

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2011, 07:02:51 PM »
Okay let's compare it to going out to dinner. Say you go to McDonalds and that group of obnoxious children is there making a mess of things and shouting and having a grand old time but being inconsiderate toward you and the other people there. Same thing, are you going to enjoy your meal, or are you going to feel uncomfortable and intimidated and walk out or complain about it?
Again, I don't think this works too well.  I can understand how shouting and throwing food or whatever is shitty.  Making posts, though, not so much.  Me posting a Duttle topic in no way stops people from talking about how bullshit the Volcano world in DCKR is.  They are not going to get hit with a burger because I am posting stupid shit somewhere.  So in this case, it's maybe more like refusing to eat next door to a McDonald's because oops look there's some kids gesturing animatedly.

Maybe Myst having a phallic unicorn for an avatar is a valid complaint, but that's not what you're talking about, so oops !!

January 17, 2011, 07:04:05 PM
Reply #120

Vexiss

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2011, 07:04:05 PM »
i was fired because of his avatar and now my food stamps are going to run out and i'll probably have to eat my girlfriend to survive

January 17, 2011, 07:08:11 PM
Reply #121

Fusby Hookum-Snivey

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 17, 2011, 07:08:11 PM »
Sparkle Tits makes arguments like a cocky 12 year old, and I can see why people don't want to deal with it.

January 17, 2011, 07:09:39 PM
Reply #122

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2011, 07:09:39 PM »
Fusby makes arguments like Squish~

January 17, 2011, 07:11:40 PM