Advanced Search

Author Topic: So Hol wrote this story, and it references some MC stuff  (Read 2247 times)

November 05, 2012, 06:29:18 PM
Read 2247 times

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
So Hol wrote this story, and it references some MC stuff
« on: November 05, 2012, 06:29:18 PM »
http://metamorkeep.com/story/Where_Life_Begins_Anew1.php

So Hol sent me this story he'd written. I actually didn't find it too bad, I mean, it's light years ahead of some of the writing sample he posted on this board. I guess his constant writing just improved over time.

It's set in a fantasy universe that has been built up by many different online writers, but the story works perfectly well on its own.

It does obliquely reference some of the history he had with this community, but I think it's kinda funny the perspective Hol has of what it was like back then.

Anyway, just thought you guys might be interested.

November 06, 2012, 12:18:48 AM
Reply #1

AJ

• 3 ring meals a day

• View Profile
    • Save Shaq Fu
Re: So Hol wrote this story, and it references some MC stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 12:18:48 AM »
Wow. That is kind of huge. I did not expect him to write such a tome.

November 06, 2012, 03:01:28 PM
Reply #2

Seph

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to read all of that. Nothing against Hol, I just... am not in the mood for reading?

In a completely related and lazy note... anyone want to summarize what Sofox mentioned?
-Seph
Want to see what I'm working on?

November 07, 2012, 12:43:13 AM
Reply #3

James

• Should go on a ring diet

• blah

• View Profile
    • My dA site
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:43:13 AM »
... I knew he liked to tell stories and all, but come on. XD

November 07, 2012, 06:14:25 AM
Reply #4

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 06:14:25 AM »
In a completely related and lazy note... anyone want to summarize what Sofox mentioned?

*sigh* Okay, it is a big story, I'll give it my best shot. Obviously there will be spoilers.

In the first part of the story (and there are some nice turns I'm skipping), a good natured knight called Cedric is given a quest to travel to a "cursed" place called Metamor Keep where he can sell a mystical sword on behalf of the village, so that the money gained will elimiante the great debt that his village owes to other places.

I'd recommend you skip down the story and read the section that comes next which starts with "Meanwhile outside of Cornflower was the town of Mugal" section as that's where the MC references come into force and really, summarisation would miss a whole load of it. The references start really heavy on that section though wane a bit as time goes on. By the end of the 2nd page, the MC refrences dry up pretty much completely due to plot related reasons though there is some thing at the very end of the story that some here might appreciate (largely the fate of a character).

I suggest you read that section at a bare minimum (since it's not that long) and continue reading for as long as you can afterwards before reading the rest of my summary; that way you'll get a good flavour of Hol's writing, yet still know what happens.

...still reading the section? I'll wait.

...you are reading that section right?

...dammit, I told you to read the section! It's not that long and...

...No seriously, I know we live in an era of quick summarisations and short attention spans but to constantly read summaries is to live in the shadow of other people's interpretations!

...wait, you want to live in the shadow of my interpretations?

...oh, just for this story?

...oh whatever, fine, I'll continue the summary!

*ahem*

Anyway...

So yeah, on his quest Cedric reaches a bar in the town of Mugal called the Mugal Tavern. The bartender of the place is a prince named Klaus and at the time him and a bunch of other patrons of the bar have to put up with a really, really annoying shapshifter called Hawl. Despite his slightly limited ability to look like anyone of any gender including anthropmorphic forms, Hawl constantly gives himself away by being extremely predictable in how he acts... normally as a woman who's blatantly lascivious. This is a problem for him as he's constantly barred from the tavern, and while shapeshifting does let him sneak in again, he constantly gives himself away. Also there is Leo, a soldier who was cursed by the Metamor curse to change into a busty female. Leo is notably anguished both by the fact that his entire group was killed in the incidence, and that his fiance left him when he returned; however largely Leo keeps it to himself, and lives on. There's also a guy called Evan who's cynical, not afraid to bluntly state his opinion on Hawl or have a laugh at his expense, and so casual with his opinion that he could even cross the line with Klaus.

Into this mixup comes Cedric, who buys an annotated map from Leo at an exhorbitant price and agrees to meet up at a tree. Meanwhile, Hawl tries again to get into the bar, and through an epic case of putting his foot in his mouth he runs afoul of the laws of the nation and ends up with the threat of being executed. In a desperate plea, Hawl improvises a hugely improbably story about the Metamor curse speading though the lands which whips the tavern crowd up into a frenzy and make Klaus regret ever letting Hawl speak up. Evan of course sees right through it but things are already heated a that point. In order to avoid political reprocussions and quell the public, Klaus make Hawl go to Metamor and stay there until he cures the entire course of Metamor (as Hawl managed to told everyone he could cure the curse).

Meanwhile, Cedric meets Leo as arranged, but when Cedric gives the mystic sword (called the Transbade) to Leo for examining, it strenghtens Leo's curse causing him to attack Cedric. There's a hectic fight which Cedric just manages to win, and on knocking Leo unconscious, he manages to see a coach passing by with a large rat heading towards Metamor (the Metamor curse means a lot of people there are anthropmorphic animals). He joins the coach, knowing it's risky to trust this person, and they head off.

Cut forward to just near the outskirts of Metamor, and the coach has been raided, the rat tied to a tree and Cedric lying on the ground severely poisoned. He gives advice to the rat on how to get free, passes out, and reawakens to see a Skunk girl is reviving him. When the girl acts suspiciously, Cedric figures out that the girl is actually the rat, and that the rat was Hawl; so Hawl had been with him all the way from Mugal. It turns out the driver had been from some evil cult or organisation that was after Hawl, and had poisoned Cedric among other things.

So now the two make their way into the forest trying to get to Metamor, but Hawl instead steals the transblade and runs off. Cedric is pissed at this, and walks on his way, is attacked, and in fighting his way out is rescued by some of the guards from Metamor. He discoveres that one of them is his long lost sister, now part ferret, and between the two of them, they find Hawl and drag him with them into Metamor Keep.

So they finally make it to the throne room itself, which is filled with varios people and of course Thomas, the ruler, on the throne. In trying to explain things and trying to find out where the Transblade is, Hawl pulls off more antics including to pretend to be Metamor's greatest enemy, the one who put the curse on all them in the first place. Many are taken in by this, declaring immediate death to Hawl, and others are less sure but don't want to take the chance. Thomas spends some time thinking, and says that he'll let Hawl go if he can undo the curse of a single one of the guradsmen. Hawl of course fails spectacularly, but proves that he wasn't the great enemy after all while at the same time proving he lied to royalty. They then manage to figure out how Hawl was hiding the sword, get it back, give it to Thomas who promises to examine it and propose a fair price for the sword before the curse has had time to affect Cedric; and Cedric leaves the Keep with his sister, happy that he completed the first part of his quest, that he has safe and interesting surroundings for the next few days, and that he has finally been reunited with his sister.

Hawl is thrown in jail.

November 19, 2012, 04:21:11 PM
Reply #5

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
    • The Shifti, Home Of The TSA
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:21:11 PM »
I love that summary, that is all. Please anyone who read it, tell me what you think, I'm always looking for criticisms of my work. Be they positive or negative. I have a whole slew of MK stories planned, including one that features an H Hog character.
- This is sure to end in hijinks!
(I'm watching you, I'm always watching you. -)

June 14, 2013, 12:48:49 AM
Reply #6

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 12:48:49 AM »
Okay I wrote a dozen more....... and...

No one cares about this story? Really? I want to be noticed damn it!

June 14, 2013, 06:20:08 AM
Reply #7

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 06:20:08 AM »
Well post the links here at least; and given your audience maybe you should mention if there are any other MC references.

June 14, 2013, 12:38:38 PM
Reply #8

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 12:38:38 PM »
There aren't any for a while since Hawl doesn't return to Mugal Tavern for awhile... there's a light TSA reference in one, but... I don't think anyone in france cares, mon cheri.

Anyway here's the follow up "Blending With Those Afflicted."

http://metamorkeep.com/story/Blending_In_With_Those_Afflicted.php

And two more are being approved for the site

"Between Us Girls" and "Local Celebrities."

June 14, 2013, 09:55:44 PM
Reply #9

SoNick

• Ring connoisseur

• No longer seeking applications for new picture

• View Profile
    • SoNick's vaguely coherent ramblings
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2013, 09:55:44 PM »
Guys, a thought occurred to me:
Remember back when Hol said all that crazy shit about placing a curse upon the logo and all that?
What if he WASN'T batshit crazy and meant that he's going to make it all happen in his story?
these links are old:
MySpace | Sonic Retro Wiki Entry | ImageShack

June 14, 2013, 11:34:54 PM
Reply #10

Josie

• Global Moderator

• Momentai

• Queen of This

• View Profile
    • Mastodon Lion Thunderzord Power
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 11:34:54 PM »
No, he's just crazy.

June 16, 2013, 04:29:25 PM
Reply #11

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:25 PM »
Mwhahahaha *twiddles a mustache she suddenly has* Oh SoNick, you were too late.. For you see, once it happens in the story it happens in real life. Somewhere a young man named Leo is experiencing a closeness with his feminine side he never thought possible! And all you Moogle Nitwits are powerless but to read and find ways to combat what I do to you!

[spoiler] Actually the two are completely unrelated, as Paper Joshi:Sticker Star just said, I'm merely insane.[/spoiler]

June 17, 2013, 09:37:26 AM
Reply #12

SoNick

• Ring connoisseur

• No longer seeking applications for new picture

• View Profile
    • SoNick's vaguely coherent ramblings
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2013, 09:37:26 AM »
Hm... well at least you admit it, I guess?
Have you tried seeking help for your insanity?
these links are old:
MySpace | Sonic Retro Wiki Entry | ImageShack

June 17, 2013, 12:09:36 PM
Reply #13

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2013, 12:09:36 PM »
I thought we agreed a long while back that the whole cavern was insane... or are we less insane now that we're in a restaurant?

June 19, 2013, 01:55:26 AM
Reply #14

Jessica HawlSera

• Ring connoisseur

• Scribe Of Metamor

• Eye Can See you!

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2013, 01:55:26 AM »
Sup bitches, TWO MORE STORIES, THAT'S WHAT

http://metamorkeep.com/story/Between_Us_Girls.php - Between Us Girls

and the sloppily edited one continuing Hawl's venture - http://metamorkeep.com/story/Local_Celebrities1.php - Local Motherfucking Celebrities