Advanced Search

Author Topic: Hey this is Kairo  (Read 1315 times)

April 10, 2018, 04:07:13 PM
Reply #25

Kairo Annunaki

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
Re: Hey this is Kairo
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2018, 04:07:13 PM »
That's what I'm saying. I hope things turn around again but if it doesn't ah well.
I sure miss that whiskey though lolol

April 10, 2018, 04:28:38 PM
Reply #26

Kairo Annunaki

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »
I wasn't going to say this but. Really when I was that intoxicated and stuff why didn't you just ban the hacker and move on? And I don't mean to cause stress but was just wondering. Was it a real bad hack?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:43:37 PM by Kairo Annunaki »

April 11, 2018, 11:54:25 AM
Reply #27

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2018, 11:54:25 AM »
And I don't mean to cause stress but was just wondering. Was it a real bad hack?

YES!

The first hacking attempt on the message board occurred in 2003, although the end result was only the loss of a handful of posts. The second attack, which happened on March 26, 2005, was fueled by a personal vendetta, which resulted in the entire board being wiped, and the server subsequently going offline.

You literally destroyed an entire iteration of the Moogle Cavern. We had to go to a completely different message board for a long while, Kulock had to create an entirely new forum which took weeks, and the server was wiped meaning nearly all posts of that message board with countless parts of our own community history were lost never to be seen again. If memory serves, we also lost the FlashChat which I really, really loved and had some great moments on.

You gouged a hole in the fabric of this community, and whenever people list the reasons this community collapsed, "hacking" is nearly always one of those reasons.

I know you probably don't like being cast in such a light, but you asked a question and I'm giving you an honest answer. At the very least I hope you learn from this and never do something that disruptive or, dare I say, cruel to anyone ever again. You have your excuses for why you did what you did, but the only way to truly show you've cared is with actions.

April 11, 2018, 12:56:15 PM
Reply #28

Kairo Annunaki

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2018, 12:56:15 PM »
I still don't know why you're blaming me, as if I did it, but I didn't hack the board.

April 11, 2018, 06:48:39 PM
Reply #29

Sofox

• Administrator

• Yep, just hanging out

• View Profile
    • Sofox Central
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2018, 06:48:39 PM »
No, you did not physically attack the board and I apologise if my post implied it, but is that all you picked up from my post?

April 11, 2018, 07:25:45 PM
Reply #30

Kairo Annunaki

• Casual ring snacker

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2018, 07:25:45 PM »
Yeah I mean no not the only thing and thanks for clarifying that cause I didn't do it and if I had the power and was drunk at the time I wouldn't have done it I wasn't that stupid but I did manipulate them into doing it.. but I didn't want that to happen honestly.

I know by actions yeah of course but I'm not sure what actions all I know is to not even go down to the level I brought myself to. lol