Advanced Search

Author Topic: Ugandan Knuckles  (Read 740 times)

May 18, 2018, 12:15:43 AM
Read 740 times

THL

• Casual ring snacker

• wat

• View Profile
Ugandan Knuckles
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:15:43 AM »
Hi, I'm new here.

Just kidding. That probably hasn't happened in a while.

Actually I hadn't thought of this place in years and randomly thought of it tonight.

I used to be around in the ezbread days and came across the MC from a Team Rocket themed ezboard which I found in an AOL chatroom because that's how the internet worked back then. My username was BlastoiseTRainer (brilliant) and then TheHyrulianLink (also brilliant) which I then just shortened to THL because I was embarrassed that I misspelled Hylian. I made friends with ArrowE and some other people and randomly played Bomberman and Tetris with Leo.

After things went to Proboards I mostly lurked and kept tabs on various iterations of MC until things landed here and then just checked in once in a while to read Mirai's posts cause they're beautiful and most everybody else just flames.

Funnily enough I was never interested in Sonic much aside from binge playing Sonic & Knuckles Collection for PC once, but the MC introduced me to the ways of message boards and I eventually co-created a decently active fantasy roleplaying forum because ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

That was years ago... Now I have a wife and two cat children and a decent job. Adulting and all that.

Did you know Donald Trump was President?

Anyway, I don't expect anyone to know me but just thought I owed it to those who still check in to say that there are random people in the far corners of the internet who still think fondly on the MC sometimes, and which the community had an impact on, albeit weird and probably inappropriate. You can never escape it.

Toodles.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:36:44 AM by THL »

May 18, 2018, 08:43:47 AM
Reply #1

yaj

• Ring connoisseur

• View Profile
Re: Ugandan Knuckles
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 08:43:47 AM »
This is one of the coolest posts I've seen here in a long time. Your name seems somewhat familiar, but I don't really remember you. Anyway, thank you for checking in, THL.

June 03, 2018, 03:09:18 AM
Reply #2

Vexiss

• Should go on a ring diet

• RIP Lucky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 03:09:18 AM »
I member

July 25, 2018, 05:22:39 AM
Reply #3

H Hog

• Administrator

• can't enjoy his sandwich

• hwa~owh!

• View Profile
    • Coldflame
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 05:22:39 AM »
Hey, I remember you as well, yeah. Welcome back!
And yeah, adulting is a wild ride for sure.

Xbox Live: H Hoguera  --  NNID: HHoguera  --  PSN: H_Hoguera